What do we do?
With the funds we have raised recently, we have been able to provide :
- New playground climbing equipment for the infant and junior playgrounds;
- £500 per year group to be spent on curriculum-related activities (‘Hooks and Highlights’) such as visits from external providers, including a Falconry visit for Reception children, a Great Fire of London ‘History off the page’ Workshop for Year 2, a Stone Age session from ‘Portals to the Past’ for Year 3, and a ‘Winter in Wartime’ session for Year 6;
- Support for school trips to reduce the expense for parents, such as a visit to Colchester Castle for Year 4 and a trip to Epping Forest for Year 5;
- Re-painting of the ‘Whatever the Weather’ outdoor shelter
- Christmas crackers for all children;
- Free Christmas meals for KS2 children;
- Book bags for all new Reception children;
- Ice lollies for all children after KS1 and KS2 Sports Days;
- Autograph books for all children in Year 6.
We are continuing to fund-raise to support outdoor learning opportunities for the children, including the Forest Schools Programme and the Learning Outside the Classroom Award. Future fund-raising efforts will focus on contributing to a new Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA)/all-weather surface.
Our mission is to support the teachers in planning real, purposeful and engaging activities for the children that cannot be funded from the school budget and without passing additional costs onto parents.