What do we do?
With the funds we have raised recently, we have been able to provide :
- New playground climbing equipment for the infant and junior playgrounds;
- At least £500 per year group to be spent on curriculum-related activities (‘Hooks and Highlights’) such as visits from external providers, a Great Fire of London ‘History off the page’ Workshop for Year 2, a Stone Age session for Year 3, a ‘mobile planetarium’ session for Year 5 and a ‘Winter in Wartime’ session for Year 6;
- Support for school trips to reduce the expense for parents, such as a visit to Colchester Castle for Year 4 and a trip to Epping Forest for Year 5, PGL for Year 6
- Support for swimming lessons
- New playground benches
- Christmas fun at the Christmas meal for all children
- Free Christmas meals for KS2 children;
- Book bags for all new Reception children;
- Ice lollies for all children after KS1 and KS2 Sports Days;
- Autograph books for all children in Year 6.
- Seat caddies for every classroom
We are continuing to fund-raise to support outdoor learning opportunities for the children, including the Forest Schools Programme and the Learning Outside the Classroom Award.
Our mission is to support the teachers in planning real, purposeful and engaging activities for the children that cannot be funded from the school budget and without passing additional costs onto parents.