English - Instructions
Our English lesson today is based on reading instructions with a focus on word meanings.
Follow the instructions from the video- remembering to pause and complete the activities when asked to. Use the 'next activity' or green dots at the bottom of the page to navigate through.
Remember to add to your magpie page as you watch the video.
After completing your task - resume the video for feedback to self mark and edit your work before uploading on seesaw.
If you have any questions or technical issues, send us a message wither via email or on seesaw.
Using your 10 spellings (8 from our lesson and two you have chosen from the list, try the following activity.
Today you will be naming, comparing and estimating angles.
1. Read through the Powerpoint provided to remind yourself of the four different types of angles. You may keep looking back at this if you find the lesson a little tricky later on.
2. Look at the angles shown in the Powerpoint. Which type of angle do you think this is?
3. Choose between the 1 star, 2 star or 3 star activities.
For 1 star, choose different colours for your key and then colour each type of angle to match it.
For 2 star, colour in the different types of angles. Then, look at the angles listed at the bottom of the page. Write whether you think they are acute (A) or obtuse (O).
For 3 star, colour in the different types of angles. Then, estimate carefully what you think the sizes of the angles are. If you have a protractor at home, you could have a go at measuring them. We will be looking at this on Friday.
Problems with printing
If you cannot access the your chosen document and print it correctly, re-read your chosen challenge and complete the same activity with the sheet below. You do not need to measure the angles.
Today you will be finding out about what a Hindu funeral looks like and why it is such a special event for Hindus.
1. Read through the Powerpoint. Find out about the important steps that happen.
2. Answer the questions on the worksheet.