Aspire, Care, Learn for Life
Try speed writing your spelling words across a whole line without stopping.
1) Revise the spelling you are going to write.
2) Write the spelling once clearly in your margin / at the side of your page.
3) Speed write your word - using joined up writing - all the way across the line. Don't leave spaces between the words, just join them together and keep writing.
Repeat for all ten spelling words.
Read carefully as these instructions are different to the task sheet!
Today we are going to begin looking at persuasion - you have worked on persuasive texts in school to write Water Aid leaflets.
1) Before you begin, read the revision cards to remind yourself about persuasive features.
2) Read the six texts provided. How are they different? How are they similar? What features of persuasion can you spot? Who are their intended audience? What is the purpose (or job) of the text? Create a table to record this information.
3) Choose TWO of the texts to work with. Read the task fully before you select which text to choose - some might be more relevant to the questions.
Read the questions on 'Reflection Prompts' and refer back to your text.
Choose 5 or 6 of the questions from the task to answer for each of the TWO texts you have chosen. Write these answers on your sheet in different colours. Remember to include a key and the title of the texts you have chosen.
4) Refer back to the revision cards and create a poster for 5 features of persuasive writing that you think are most important. Make an eye catching poster of these features.
Invent a new holiday destination and make an advert for it.
Invent a new chocolate bar and design its wrapper.
Design a placard (sign) to protest about climate change.
Today we would like you to measure different objects in your home (in your plastic wallet if you are at school). First, estimate the length of your object in cm. Try to be as accurate as possible. Then, measure your object in centimetres using a ruler. Finally, convert this length into mm and m.
You may choose to use different objects rather than the ones I have included. Please feel free to do so.